With Masculin f茅minin, the ruthless stylist and iconoclast JEAN-LUC GODARD (Breathless) introduces the world to “the children of Marx and Coca-Cola,” through a gang of restless youths engaged in hopeless love affairs with music, revolution, and one another. French New Wave icon JEAN-PIERRE L脡AUD (The 400 Blows) stars as Paul, an idealistic would-be intellectual struggling to forge a relationship with the adorable pop star Madeleine (real-life y茅-y茅 girl CHANTAL GOYA). Through their tempestuous affair, Godard fashions a candid and wildly funny free-form examination of youth culture in pulsating 1960s Paris, mixing satire and tragedy as only Godard can.
BONUS FEATURES SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• New 4K digital restoration, approved by cinematographer Willy Kurant, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
• Interview from 1966 with actor Chantal Goya
• Interviews from 2004 and 2005 with Goya, Kurant, and Jean-Luc Godard collaborator Jean-Pierre Gorin
• Discussion of the film from 2004 between film critics Freddy Buache and Dominique Pa茂ni
• Footage from Swedish television of Godard directing the “film within the film” scene
• PLUS: An essay by film critic Adrian Martin and a reprint of a report from the set by French journalist Philippe Labro