In the enthralling Blow Out, brilliantly crafted by Brian De Palma (Sisters, Carrie, Scarface), John Travolta (Saturday Night Fever, Pulp Fiction) gives one of his greatest performances, as Jack, a movie sound-effects man who believes he has accidentally recorded a political assassination. He enlists the help of Sally (played by Carrie’s Nancy Allen), a possible eyewitness to the crime who may be in danger herself, to uncover the truth. With its jolting stylistic flourishes, intricate plot, profoundly felt characterizations, and gritty evocation of early-1980s Philadelphia, Blow Out is an American paranoia thriller unlike any other, as well as a devilish reflection on the act of moviemaking.
DIRECTOR APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
• Restored digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Brian De Palma, with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
• Hour-long interview with De Palma, conducted by filmmaker Noah Baumbach in 2010
• Interview with actor Nancy Allen from 2011
• De Palma’s 1967 feature Murder 脿 la Mod
• Interview from 2011 with cameraman Garrett Brown on the Steadicam shots featured in the film within the film
• On-set photos by photographer Louis Goldman
• Original theatrical trailer
• PLUS: An essay by critic Michael Sragow and Pauline Kael’s original New Yorker review
There are no reviews yet.